Shiva Shanti Yoga – Shavasana
There is nothing more thoughtful then a caring massage from a yoga teacher during shavasana as long as the teacher’s energy is clear and there is no misdirected sexual energy, yes, I said it! 99 percent of most yoga teachers are healers, but there is always the few who can easily cross the line. My advice to yoga teachers is be careful who you massage make sure its ok with the students and contain your pure energy, channel healing light only. The students will love and appreciate you for it. This is a section from my training manual for Shiva Shanti Yoga School.
Steps for Massage at Shiva Shanti Yoga:
- Put the lotion in your hands and rub your hands to warm them.
- Place your Hands over their eyes above do not press, let them smell the lotion with a deep breath.
- Slowly Massage the back of the neck from the base of the neck to the occipital ridge using the middle finger you press and massage the occipital ridge. Do this three times massaging fingers up the neck until you press and hold at occtipus then slowly release.
- Hold the head in your hands and support the head and gently rock their head, stop and just support the head. Gently release the head on the floor.
- Hands gently placed on the pectoral muscle close to the shoulder spread the chest with hands and press your hands down, then move to their shoulders and push toward heels gently rocking each shoulder.
- Move to the forehead, with your thumbs rub the forehead three times from the middle moving outward and across the forehead.
- Pressing in a circular motion on the ear lobes with pointer finger and thumb. Avoid earrings. Move half way up the ear.
- Move to the scalp massage the scalp with your fingertips, with your hands gently pull the hair, holding the head in your hands, move the ponytail out of your way.
- One finger on the space between the eyebrows and gently transmit healing energy to them at the 6th