As an Educater Felise Berman and Shiva Shanti Yoga School Provide Continuing Education Credits for YACEP with Yoga Alliance.
Every three years starting from your initial date of registration, all RYTs – including Experienced Registered Yoga Teachers – must complete and log a minimum of:
- 45 hours teaching yoga, and
- 30 hours of yoga related training that is directly related to one of our Educational Categories, of which:
Teaching or training hours prior to registration do not count as Continuing Education.
If you earn more than the required hours in a three-year period, the extra hours may not rollover into the next three-year period.
Continuing Education hours should be spent learning something new, through research, study or experiential learning, rather than synthesizing or processing prior knowledge.
Continuing Education Contact Hours are classroom hours in the physical presence of a qualified Continuing Education Provider. All hours must be directly related to one of our Educational Categories. One Contact Hour equals one hour of any of the following activities:
- Workshops (single session or ongoing series)
- Discussion or study groups
- Yoga teacher training
Registered Yoga Teachers (RYTs) must ensure they obtain Continuing Education from a qualified provider who meets any of the criteria below:
- A YACEP whose membership is current, or
- An Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT®) who is currently registered, or
- Someone who has both professional experience and substantial education related to one or more of the Yoga Alliance Educational Categories. The Provider must be able to document or demonstrate his/her relevant experience and education, and may provide Continuing Education only in their area(s) of expertise.*
*Yoga Alliance reserves the right to request supporting documentation from RYTs to substantiate the qualifications of any non-YACEP Continuing Education Provider.